Friday, June 20, 2008

The Coolest Thing!

Back a while, I talked about listening to lectures on podcasts. One of the lecturers talked about an assignment, and the assignment sounded really interesting, like it would work GREAT with a few modifications for teaching some research skills.

So I emailed the instructor, and she sent me a copy of the assignment. How cool is that? Totally out of the blue, I email someone, and she shares an assignment! And it's even smarter written up than it sounded on the lecture. I'll have to do some planning to make it really work for my class, but then, I have a feeling this is going to be a great assignment! I'm excited!

And it turns out we have a school in common. I just had to grin!

2 comments:

  1. That IS cool! I love it when people don't get all cagey about their assignments - I tend to think of all of it as good pedagogical karma...while I might be a little put off at someone appropriating an entire syllabus of mine wholesale (which you would never do!), I think it's great to share the little nuggets that work for me!

    By the way, I've been keeping up on all your travels, though I haven't commented in an age - I'm so happy you had an amazing time and I'd love to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 PM

    I wish there were a website dedicated to letting college professors upload syllabi, great assignments, classroom activities, etc. I'm forever mining my colleagues' syllabi for good stuff, and it would be great to see how folks at other universities do it.

    roaringgrrl

    ReplyDelete