Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A year in the life

I remembered the other day that I started my blog sometime in October, and by chance after finishing my class tonight, I happened to check. Yep, a year ago today, I started my blog.

Mostly, this has been a great year, in some ways the best in my life so far. I did more travelling than I've done in years, and especially got a chance to reconnect with some friends from various stages of my life.

Lately, things have been more stressful, but mostly around me, rather than directly for me, if that makes sense.

I'm not sure when I put up my site meter, but it was a couple weeks after I first posted, and it looks like within the next day or so, the blog will have gotten 25,000 hits. There's power in them thar zeros, right? Except that I'm sure the first thousand were me alone.

To all the people who've found my blog looking for paragraph structure: I hope you find it helpful!

To the people who've found my blog looking for "pleasure rape": I guess I just don't know what to say.

And to the people who've been kind enough to comment, and especially those who've helped me with various ideas and shared thoughts, thank you!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Birthday to you
    Happy Blog Birthday to you
    Happy Blog Birthday, dear Bardiac
    Happy Blog Birthday to you!

    (and many more...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mazal tov!
    I learn so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy anniversary, Bardiac!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Happy anniversary, Bardiac. You kick butt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats! It seems like longer, in a very good way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogiversary! And I can't believe you started *after* me (I totally missed my blogiversary last month -- d'oh!). I could've sworn your blog seemed like a wise old part of the blogosphere from the get-go! :)

    ReplyDelete