Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blog block

I've started two or three entries this evening and deleted each of them.

What's happening is both too personal, and not my business to talk about, if that makes sense. So I don't know what to write here. But I like the discipline of writing most every day (though I often don't write on my long teaching day).

This weekend is the memorial service, and I've just finished preparing the beds at my house for some family guests from out of town who need a place to stay. Mine is just one of many houses being readied this week for visitors. I'm grateful to be part of the community here. Seeing people help each other is astonishing. I've never in my life experienced this sort of community except as part of Peace Corps groups.

I'll probably not be blogging much for the next while. I, we, have to get through this weekend. And then I have a number of projects to finish. I'll try to get back with the next chunk of my draft stuff early next week, perhaps, since that's one of the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment