Thursday, November 05, 2015

Curricular Dance, Part 2

I met with a deanling yesterday about the curricular dance of getting some of an interdisciplinary program's courses to count for a requirement in her college.  (Here's the first post.)

Can I just say, some deanlings are wonderful.  This one is.  She basically said, yes, let me know, I'll add them to the list.  Glad to have them, makes totally sense for our students to take those courses!

She also gave me some helpful insight into the new general education requirements and how different departments are suddenly working to fit stuff in.  The fact that the stuff people are fitting has nothing to do with the original intent of the requirement, well, that doesn't matter.  We can't afford the original intent and don't want to put resources there (and don't have any spare resources), so it's pretty much out.  And you can't step this back, I don't think.

Cynical much?  Around here, so very.

No comments:

Post a Comment