Sunday, August 02, 2009

Ride for Pie

Last year, I went for a ride along one of the local lakes on the big river, and got pie.

Today, I went on the same ride with a couple of friends. I rode thinking about what kinds of pie they might have at the bakery. Once again, Passionfruit cream pie.

It was a beautiful ride, all the more fun because I went with fun friends.

Two of us rode yesterday, too, a hilly ride out on the crest and then back, fast through the valley. My legs are tired!

I know this is the stupidest thing ever, but until this summer, I didn't really stretch the front of my thighs (quads, I think they're called by those who exercise them). But since I've been stretching them, my legs aren't nearly as sore, even after riding hard. Or maybe I'm just not riding as hard?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 PM

    Hmmmmm, pie.....

    I'm lazy at working on or stretching my quads, but they are no doubt vital to both biking and running. Perhaps the lack of soreness is a sign you are officially a biker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh quads, how I loathe you.

    As an ex-fencer I am intimately acquainted with them. As a generally lazy person, I am also intimately acquainted with not stretching them.

    Congrats on making them not hurt!

    ReplyDelete