Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Minneapolis Sadness

I got home from my bike ride and saw the news when I checked my email. I hope the bloggers from the Minneapolis area are okay, and that we'll hear more good than bad news from the rescue efforts. But I'm sorry to say I expect much sadness.

I'm reminded of pictures from the Loma Prieta earthquake in October 1989 or the Northridge earthquake in January 1994. But I haven't heard anything like that. They're mentioning construction, and bad weather on the way.

Minneapolis/St. Paul is a truly amazing place. I'm sorry for their tragedy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I completely missed this news today--I'm turning to CNN now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is an amazing place... I lived there for many years & this is so shocking to see.

    ReplyDelete