Thursday, September 21, 2006

The seven songs meme thing

Artemis hit me with this the other day, so here goes. The directions on her blog say to list "seven songs you're into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now."

Errmmm. I'm a little musically challenged these days. But here's the playlist from the CD stack:

1. John Lee Hooker, "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer."

2. Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant."

3. Georg Friedrich Handel, "Music for the Royal Fireworks."

4. Miles Davis, Bluing: Miles Davis Plays the Blues (if I can do the whole of the Royal Fireworks...)

5. Eric Clapton, "Wonderful Tonight."

6. Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach's Cello Suites (I know! How passe is THAT?)

7. Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane, "Annie" (from Rough Mix)

I think I'm late to the game, and most people I read have been tagged already; but if you haven't, please consider yourself tagged and go to town!

2 comments:

  1. Yo-Yo Ma playing Bach's unaccompanied cello suites passe? OMG, are you kidding? When I tire of them, I listen to Pablo Casals' version of the same! But, Clapton & John Lee Hooker show up on my most frequently played lists as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I've also got Yo-Yo Ma playing in the car on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete