Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I did it!

Yes, single-handedly, I appear to have solved the heat wave issue in the upper midwest and provided at least a little rain. How did I do it, you ask?

Yesterday, I talked to several people about my intentions to try renting a kayak today and going out on a local river or lake.

I woke up and it was sort of overcast. Not satisfied, I then called the rental place about renting a kayak, got all sorts of information, and told them I'd probably be over before long.

Within minutes, I heard thunder in the background.

And now we're getting rain.

Heat wave solved! Dang, I AM good!

(It may not be much, but even a little thunder and lightening is enough to discourage me from a casual attempt at kayaking.)

1 comment:

  1. I also find that spending money to have your car professionally detailed will also bring torrential rain within two hours.

    ReplyDelete