Friday, April 06, 2018

Reconstituting

You may remember that I was having my house painted.  Here are the colors I chose and some "before" pictures.  It's worth noting that the house didn't feel nearly as dark before I had new floors put in last spring.  But the new floors made everything feel darker.

Now here's how things turned out!

Or not quite.  This first picture shows the new yellow wall in the living room, but with the old green walls not yet white.


And here's the living room a bit later, with some furniture back in place, and late afternoon sun playing on the wall.

Here's the bedroom (with my neighbor's lovely dog who was visiting), only partly reconstituted.

 And the kitchen!

I can't decide which is my favorite, but PURPLE is surely up there.

This weekend, I'm putting art and such back on the walls, and moving things back into place.

(A bunch of my art is sitting on the office table in that last shot.)


In other good news, I was given a very nice "Feminist Faculty Service" award from our Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies group.  I'm not sure I'm the most deserving person, but I'm quite honored by the recognition.

And finally, one more piece of good news!  I get to start the second piece in Book 4 of Suzuki!  (I still need to work on the first piece, but I'm delighted to get to start the second!)



4 comments:

  1. The house looks really cool! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The living room looks dramatically different with the white. (And we still have snow, too, so I'm sympathetic.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue is my favorite. Surprisingly—usually I go for yellows and oranges. Maybe I should branch out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the house looks! And congrats on the good news as well.

    ReplyDelete