Sunday, October 02, 2016

Sunday Evening

I came to my office to take care of a few things, finish some prep, enter grades, the usual.

And, yes, to check what I'm teaching in my intro to poetry class tomorrow.  "My Last Duchess."  What a sweet thing to read on my syllabus!  What a glorious poem to teach!

Color me happy.

Of course, most of the poems I teach in the class make me happy; I'm sure I'm not the only person who teaches a lot of favorites in intro courses, right?

I still have several more hours of grading, reading, and prep for tomorrow (I've spent much of the day grading already). 

4 more in a stack of 20.
One Shakespeare reading (two chapters)
Some reading for the writing course (boring, but I don't know it well enough to not do it)

I have to send in my description of my senior seminar for next semester and order books for it and Shakespeare this coming week.  (Heck, I'm probably already late on the book orders; they've changed systems yet again, so I dread trying to figure it out.)


I get a small stack of grading on Monday, and another on Wednesday (different courses).

I have one biggish meeting to chair.  Another meeting to prep and attend.  Three obligatory (well, two obligatory and one a joy) campus social events.

Busy week ahead.  Back to prepping!

3 comments:

  1. With all the regencies I read I'm constantly getting my last duchess stuck in my head. I suspect my subconscious is rather grim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but "My Last Duchess" is objectively fun to teach (if "objectively" means "I, too, like to teach it.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really do have to learn how to trust our instincts. That should be the loudest voice, even though we often let others shout it down. Visit at:- http://www.choicecollegeconsulting.net/education/finding-the-right-choice-in-your-assignments.html

    ReplyDelete