Monday, June 20, 2016

Over My Head

Way back in April, I agreed to do a talk for a local group connected with a not-quite so local Shakespeare festival, here in town.  We set a date, and it's coming up.


I knew I didn't have to worry about it for a while, but now, well, it's coming up, and it's hanging over my head.  But it's still a week off.


Here's the thing.  If I do the work on this talk, get it set up, figured out, then I'll feel free to go out and play at different stuff.  But instead, I've been procrastinating.  But I haven't been procrastinating by going out and playing at what I most want to play at (say, biking, birding, kayaking, gardening), but instead just procrastinating and wasting time.  (I have been practicing the violin at least.)


So, today, I just need to go get the initial work done, and then I can feel good about going out and playing.  Right?


(I need to reread some lit crit, reread the play, put together a handout, put together a power point with a couple of pictures, and write out notes for the talk.  I'm guessing 10-16 hours, at least.  I should keep track.)

3 comments:

  1. Just do it!

    Start for 10, 15, 30 min, whatever the largest amount of time you can commit to, and see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I got a good chunk done today. I read the crit, reread the play, took good notes. Yay!

    ReplyDelete