Monday, December 28, 2015

And We're Back!

I hope you've had wonderful holidays if you celebrate at this season.  I did.

And, I became smart phone enabled (I had a flip phone before), which is exciting.

I got a bonsai redwood tree, which I love, and am afraid will die here.

I spent much of the afternoon working on a small project, and am just about finished.  I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out.

I've got a lot of stuff to do this break.

SAA paper
Revise another paper
Prep three courses, one pretty darned new
Committee work
Different committee work
Prep a library program for February

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 AM

    Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a lovely break even if we finally got walloped with a good foot of snow. I have one class fully prepped for term's start next Monday and the other only needs the online materials prepared. (Well, also there are several new topics we're covering since the last time I taught Later Medieval Europe but I'm not too worried.)

    I do have to get up to speed on the next chapter I'm writing about Game of Thrones and mothers in medieval and early modern Europe.

    Sending good thoughts for you bonsai and hooray for the smartphone. They are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Is your bonsai an inside or an outside tree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that's a stupid question--aren't they all inside?--but thought I might be misinformed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't a stupid question at all! I've been reading up, and it looks like mostly, bonsai are supposed to be outdoors, except where it's too cold for the individual tree. So mine is indoors for now, and then hopefully, outside in summer!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! Glad you had a good break, and welcome to the bonsai. I've spent the break with my mom in the hospital, and am feeling WAY behind on life and preparing two new courses for the spring!

    ReplyDelete