Friday, May 02, 2014

That Time of Year

It's that time of year when I'm really ready to be done with stupid excuses, both from students and administrators.

I'm tired of the same few students being regularly absent, and wanting to hand in work late, or to email it while class is going on.  It's not that I don't believe they're sick, because I do, but I'm tired of the extra work.  (And I'm sure everyone who's sick is tired of being sick; I'm totally tired of this stupid cold, even though it's almost all gone.  If even a little cold makes me cranky, what would I be like with a serious illness?  Worse, no doubt.)

I'm tired of administrators putting up hoops, and then saying that we have to make our hoops or someone else will make them for us.  And I'm tired of fellow faculty deciding to hold the hoops up as high as possible for other faculty so that they can look like proper hoop makers and holders for the administrators.

I need a serious break before I participate in even one more meeting about goals, outcomes, rubrics for programs of varying levels, and so on.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:02 PM

    "I need a serious break before I participate in even one more meeting about goals, outcomes, rubrics for programs of varying levels, and so on. "

    I swear we're at the same school. That was today's faculty meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipes! I've just finished grading my final final exam (except for that one plagiarized essay, rats!) and I ought to be feeling relief but instead I'm looking at a whole week of meetings, workshops, and more meetings! I hope I can stay home from campus just one day next week, but it's not looking likely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This: I'm tired of administrators putting up hoops, and then saying that we have to make our hoops or someone else will make them for us.

    Word to ya mutha.

    ReplyDelete