Thursday, January 17, 2013

Six Days

I have six days until I walk into my first class of spring semester.  I have a lot to do, but I've also got some spare time.

I've got an appointment on campus with the tech folks tomorrow, so will put in time to finish prepping classes while I'm there.  I have a correction to make on one calendar, and some minor changes.  Other than that it's re-reading, checking the math (do the grade percentages add up to 100?), and then it's down to getting copies made.

I have some stuff to do for advising: a welcome to the semester letter to write, files to check, and so on.

I have an SAA paper to work on, and significant work to do on it. 

I'd like to clean out a closet, or reorganize it a bit, or something.

And I have cards to write. 

But still, I'm feeling like I have some time to do something really fun, maybe take the weekend and drive somewhere.  But I don't know where.  We don't have great snow, so maybe driving north I'd find snow and a good place to cross country ski?  (I can't quite believe I just wrote that, to be honest.)

Still, I feel good, ready for the semester, pretty much, ready for spring stuff around the BardiacShack and gardens. 

2 comments:

  1. Shane in Utah7:12 AM

    Sigh. We just finished Week 2.

    We don't have great snow, so maybe driving north I'd find snow and a good place to cross country ski?

    Around here we just go to a higher elevation, but I guess that's not an option in your neck of the woods, eh? ;-) But the snow here is great this year, mostly because it's been too friggin' cold for it to melt and refreeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you get this down time to regroup and restart each semester.

    Can't wait to see the garden pics this year. Hope it's a happy and healthy one for you.

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete