Friday, September 04, 2009

Formicide

It's been a big year for ants this year around here. They've been digging up the yard in huge ways, and getting in the house. I had them in the kitchen earlier, but got them away for the time being with Terro and maybe help from diatomaceous earth (which I spread around outside on the hills).

But over the past week or so, I've found an ant here and there, every so often crawling on me when I sit in the sun room. But I couldn't figure out where their path was. Today, I saw one on the sill, so I put out some Terro. I think I found the path.

There are a lot of hungry ants in that pile, so I put out another bit an inch or two away; maybe they'll use that one, too.

I try not to kill critters just to kill them, but ants, cockroaches, and any rodent that finds its way into the house (outside of a cage) is fair game. (I haven't seen a mouse or rat in this house, thank goodness!) It still bothers me to kill critters just for doing their natural thing (even out in the garden).

2 comments:

  1. We have huge carpenter ants in our cottage, and I don;t hestate to do what it takes to get rid of them. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had them all over our bathroom, and the Terro has worked a charm.

    my word is fietedic, which is what I'd say to the ants.

    ReplyDelete